Attention all big wave watermen and waterwomen who are keen to up-skill in heavy water.
The course is designed to bring together WA’s big wave surfing community, teaching them safe practice in heavy water, and be squared away with a PWC setup and rescue skills.
We aim to encourage a culture of looking out for your mates and being equiped to deal with a situation when everything goes wrong.
This includes, but not limited to:
1. Introduction to apnea (breath hold) specific to heavy water conditions and the associated training principals
2. Basic first aid, trauma and deadly bleeds
3. PWC set up for heavy water use
4. Heavy Water essential equipment
5. Rescue techniques for both paddle and PWC